Who Makes Montana RVs? Here’s What you Need Know
Montana is a legendary Rv manufacturing company in America. As a customer, you probably know its pros and cons and all the related matters. But almost half of the customers don’t know about the main origin of Montana Rvs and that’s what makes them fall in disguise.
So, who makes Montana Rv? The parent company of Montana RVs is called Keystone. They produce toy haulers, destination trailers, fifth wheels, and travel trailers. They have 27 distinct brands, viewed from the standpoint of brands.
So, let’s jump into the article to know all the details!
Who Makes Montana Rv?
The company that makes Montana RV is called Keystone RV, and it is a division of Thor Industries. Cole Davis founded Keystone in 1996, and in 2000 it was ranked second on the Inc. 500 list of the 500 fastest-growing businesses.
It produces premium fifth-wheel and travel trailer names such as Cougar, Montana, Laredo, Passport, and Sprinter and was acquired by Thor in 2001. In Elkhart, Indiana, there is a production facility for the Keystone RV Montana.
About the Manufacturer
- Company name- Montana Rv
- Owner- Keystone Inc.
- Established- 1996
- Headquartered- Elkhart, Indiana
The Ultimate Ownership ExperienceTM is Keystone’s promise to its customers, and it means giving them the best shopping tools, like Key ConnectTM online product advisors, that make camping safer, more comfortable, and more convenient.
Keystone RV, which was founded in 1996, is the top producer of fifth-wheel RVs in North America as well as a prominent travel trailer manufacturer. They are promised to give you long-lasting quality, and the best warranty in the business.
Keystone RVs come in many shapes and sizes and are towables. Keystone RV has a camper that’s perfect for you, from super light travel trailers that can be carried by modern fuel-efficient cars and smaller pickup trucks to opulent fifth wheels.
What are the Rvs that Montana Makes?
Because of their floor plan layout preferences, it was clear for a long time that the Montana fifth wheels were not necessarily sold to young or large families.
Keystone noticed they were losing a significant portion of the market when rivals like Grand Design began customizing and accommodating full-timing families with their features and floor designs. As a result, they recently released a number of bunkhouse types.
1. Montana High Country 295RL.
- Starting at $88,000 MSRP
- Only 34 ft long with Spacious bathroom, nice kitchen space
- 3 slideouts- Wardrobe, and Pantry enclosed.
- Plenty of storage including Fireplace, Kitchen Island
- Luxury theater seating in living room
- Hide-A-Bed sofa and Dinette
- 11,697 lb GVWR
2. Montana High Country 3231CK
The following features just stand out from other creations-
- 5 feet long, dual vanity bathroom, nice kitchen layout, starting at $127,000 MSRP.
- 4 beds Clothes closet
- laundry preparation
- household refrigerator
- Luxury theater seating in living room
- Hide-A-Bed sofa
- 6-point hydraulic leveling
3. Keystone Montana High Country 335BH
There are several things that I like most about our current 335BH model.
- First, the Master Suite– The way they designed the bathroom and bedroom to connect with a sliding door really makes it feel so much bigger.
- Tire-pressure monitoring system
- 12,770 lb GVWR
- The thing that makes this rig stand out to us, is the amount of storage. It’s almost 335BH from the 385BR, a downsize of roughly 4-5’ shorter, and somehow we have more storage space
Is Montana a Good Brand for Rvs?
When you speak with Montana owners, they frequently admit that they did a lot of research before making their purchase and that they chose their particular model for its value. Many full-timers enjoy the floor plans they choose and stay in the residence for many years.
In order to sell a better product, Keystone has been striving to address some of its previous design and production challenges with the development of the Montana units.
- Potential weld failure sites are eliminated using rolled 1-piece I-beams.
- Sidewall weight is fully supported by full-width outriggers.
- Crossmembers made of lighter stamped steel instead of welded rod and angles are used.
- Seamed and glued failure spots are removed by Rotocast 1-piece tanks.
- Tanks won’t blow up and hit the floor while being transported thanks to steel straps.
What are the Problems with Montana RVs?
Owners of Keystone Montanas can discuss some of their frustrations on online forums:
- Brittle frame
- Appliance leaks (refrigerator, AC)
- Poor level of finish
- Slide-outs sticking
- Weak cabinets
These have become increasingly common in recent years as the workmanship in the entire RV sector declined as a result of rising demand, labor shortages, protracted lead times for components, and rising material costs.
Why Would you Buy a Montana Rv?
It provides arctic insulation for chilly climates and two air conditioners for summer comfort. Wonderful to squander with an Onan LP Generator, a 60-gallon fresh water tank, and holding tanks for gray and black water.
Many storage spaces inside and outside. To support the kitchen, which has a 3-burner stove, a broiler oven, and a microwave, there is a sizable food pantry and spice cabinet. A top-notch entertainment center with surround sound and lots of CD/DVD storage is available.
Amazing electric fireplace with three heat settings. a nice workstation for a PC. Comfortable recliners and a couch bed that can accommodate a queen. Integrated vacuum system in the middle. Washer and dryer are prewired in the storage closet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long will a fifth wheel from Montana last?
The appliance should last 10–20 years with good upkeep.
Are Dutchmen and Keystone the same thing?
Keystone RV, a division of Thor Industries, is the owner of Dutchmen.
Do they produce travel trailers in Montana?
There is a travel trailer made by Keystone. However, Montana is a fifth-wheel design.
What is the best Keystone camper available?
Their highest luxury model is the Alpine fifth-wheel.
In the RV community, the Keystone Montana RV is regarded as the best option, especially for retired couples who wish to travel in style and comfort. Montanas feature terrific floor plans, tremendous storage, and are a great match for full-time RVers.
Now as you know about who makes Montana Rvs as well, don’t hesitate more on what you decide!